Frequently Asked Questions

/Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions2019-08-13T14:49:33+01:00
Can You Take over From My Current Solicitor?2017-05-12T11:16:16+01:00

It is natural particularly when dealing with something as sensitive as a personal injury that you want to ensure you have the best possible person dealing with your case. It will always be advisable to instruct a solicitor who is well experienced in dealing with personal injury litigation, to make sure you get the best possible outcome in your case.

If you have concerns about the way your case is being handled by your current solicitor you should address this with them directly. Should you remain dissatisfied with their response to your concerns then you may wish to seek a second opinion.

We at JMK Solicitors are always happy to help, we will give you an honest assessment of your case and the progress made to date and then it is up to you to make the decision to stay with the solicitor you already have or to move.

Should you choose to move to JMK Solicitors we will take care of all aspects of the move, all you have to do is make the decision.

We make people our priority at JMK Solicitors and making sure you get a straightforward and honest service is our aim.

How much does it cost to make a claim, and who pays?2015-07-01T20:11:43+01:00

If you have a case which we believe will be successful we will work for you and recover our costs from the at fault party’s insurer, you will pay nothing.

You may also be able to avail of our After The Event Insurance policy which means you are insured for all possible costs arising from your case, call us to find out more about this product.

If we think that your case is unlikely to succeed or that you could possibly incur legal costs we will tell you immediately and it will then be your decision to withdraw your claim or to continue.

Come and meet us for a free consultation and we will assess the merits of your case and whether or not we think you should make a claim.

How long will it take to receive my compensation?2017-05-12T11:16:16+01:00

The circumstances of the accident and injury will determine how quickly we can bring your case to a conclusion.

If you have sustained only damage to a vehicle then we will aim to have your losses recovered and case concluded within three months.

If you have sustained a personal injury the severity of the injury and the circumstances of the accident will dictate how long a case takes. We aim to have all cases concluded within twelve to eighteen months but it can sometimes be in the best interest of you the client to prolong conclusion due to worsening, complex or ongoing medical conditions.

How much is my case worth?2017-05-12T11:16:16+01:00

The answer to this question is different for every case. If you have sustained a personal injury or sustained a monetary loss through no fault of your own then you should be entitled to compensation.

  • If you have had a road traffic accident and your vehicle was damaged as a result of someone else’s negligence we can recover the cost of repairs or replacement of your vehicle along with hire car costs, any depreciation in value of your vehicle and other expenses.
  • If you were injured due a road traffic accident, accident at work, while undergoing medical treatment or through some other reason that was not your fault, we can help you obtain any payment you are entitled to for your medical expenses plus compensation for pain and suffering. If your injury was serious we can help you obtain compensation for loss of earnings in the past, present or future as well provision for future care including housing adaption, vehicle and equipment needs.
  • If a member of your family including a child was injured in an accident we can also help them obtain compensation for their injuries.

As we are specialized in this type of law and have processed thousands of cases we will be able to give you an estimate of how much we think your particular case is worth. Call or email us today to arrange a free consultation and we will give you an honest and expert opinion on the value of your case.